This post is dedicated to things I love.
Sometimes, in a moment of desperation or despair, it can be easy to obsess about all of the unhealthy things I once had a passionate love affair with.
Things like fondue, garlic bread, Milky Ways, McDonalds cheeseburgers with added mayonnaise, strawberry daiquiris, crunchy nut cornflakes, Doritos, raspberry ice tea, cookie dough, chocolate chip bacon waffles and teriyaki chicken donburi.
That last one brought a tear to my eye.
But this post is not about the things I miss, it’s about the things I love. So here goes:
- The new me. Boom.
- 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
- Fluro. Any fluro but fluro gym gear DOES make you workout harder/run faster.
- Coconut water.
- Beetroot in smoothies.
- Yoga on Saturday mornings with my amazing friends Karen and Jen.
- Buckwheat pancakes.
- My Food Bag.
- Supportive workmates.
- Homemade muesli.
- Gluten/dairy free options that don’t make you hate life.
- Soy custard.
- Hill walks with Jeff and Chuck the pug… and her shoes.
- Insanely motivating personal trainers – here’s looking at you Elly.
- My mum who sent my blog to her ukulele group.
- Snack sized cucumbers.
- Red wine.
- Kale. Honest.
- Wellington “Summer”.
- Anyone who reads this blog.
Love yourself. Send yourself a card even. Like your own photos on Facebook. Honestly, that is all you need.
Wishing you all a very healthy, happy Valentines Day. May your days be full of carob powder, calf stretches and beetroot smoothies. Enjoy the ride.